Monday, January 11, 2010



For Monday, January 11, 2010

Outside My Window...bright Australian sun, and a house under construction.

I am thinking...that I've never experienced such heat before! (42.7 Celsius/108.8 Fahrenheit)

I am thankful for... a shaded clothesline.

From the kitchen... I'll be making Chapati tonight. The quickest, easiest, and most yummy flatbread I've made so far.

I am wearing... Green t-shirt. Capris. Black sandals.

I am creating... A cushion cover. My mother in law helped me start the patchwork at Christmastime.

I am going... to stay at home today. :)

I am reading... Soul Survivor by Philip Yancey. It's a book that makes me think--and sometimes makes me uncomfortable. But that's the sort of book I need, to help me grow.

I am hoping... to finish planning the week's meals this afternoon.

I am hearing... the hum of our air conditioner.

Around the house... maps on the walls: Kansas in the 1870s, Ancient Iran...

One of my favourite things... Reading at the beach with my husband.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Starting daily Latin study again, attending Bible studies, cooking for company.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Sandringham beach

Thanks to the Simple Woman for hosting this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I really enjoyed reading your post and visiting your blog. The picture is just beautiful.

Blessings!
Joyce Marie

Christina A. said...

It's great to get an idea of a day in your life. :) Thanks for posting.

stefanie cunnington said...

Hi, I was thinking about setting up my blog with 3 columns like yours...could you tell me what template you used? Also if I do that will I be able to keep the backround, page elements I have now?
Thanks for your help:-)
Stefanie