Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook (Kara's)

Photobucket

For Monday, December 1, 2008

Outside My Window...bare tree branches outlined in the blue sky, illuminated by noon sunshine.

I am thinking...on Psalm 1:2, and how I must delight in God's word .

I am thankful for...Central heating!

From the kitchen...too many yummy things to eat! Tine made some graham cracker pudding the other day, and I haven't even tried it yet! (it's a Thanksgiving tradition)

I am wearing...blue jeans, and a blouse with this painting on it.

I am creating...nothing at the moment. I'd like to make some stationery.

I am going...nowhere today. Later on in the week, I will accompany a violinist friend on the piano at several events.

I am reading...The book of Psalms, and Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers.

I am hoping...in God.

I am hearing...Christina practicing Christmas carols on the piano.

Around the house... we are cleaning today, and catching up on laundry.

One of my favorite things... Re-reading favorite books. This is only my second time through Strong Poison, and I love all the literary allusions in the first couple of chapters. They make me laugh!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Put up Christmas decorations, study Latin.

Here is picture I am sharing...

No photos today. I'll share a word picture instead, from a favorite poem:

The whole sky was blue;
And the thick flakes floating at a pause
Were but frost knots on an airy gauze,
With the sun shining through.


Thanks to the Simple Woman for hosting the Monday daybook!


No comments: