Sunday, January 30, 2011

January Sewing

I've been inspired of late by a book that my mom checked out from the library for me, entitled Zakka Sewing. I thought I would share pictures of the projects.
The first I made were some applique pot holders-- an excellent way to use up little scraps of fabric.
The next project was a basket-- made of some batik left over from a skirt-- to hold all my sewing tools that I so easily misplace.

This sparrow pot holder is one of my favourites:


I loved the basket I made so much, that I decided to make another.

This one quickly found its way to my dresser.

Using the same fabric as for the last project, I made a "purse" for a pair of headphones my brother gave me for Christmas.
Other projects, not from Zakka Sewing:

A strawberry for pins:

And another ever-useful hot pad:Hopefully you are inspired. I intend to make an apron soon from another find at the library, A is for Apron. Happy sewing!

No comments: