Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pattern Review: Itty Bitty Baby Dress

It really is itty bitty! Designed for preemies or small newborns, it almost looks like a doll dress.
The pattern, available for free from Rae, is super simple to sew, and great fun to customize. My only addition to her instructions would be a recommendation to use French seams--it looks so much nicer.

The inspiration to make these dresses came from my mom, who wanted me to use up some of our fabric stash. (think DE-CLUTTER!!) Some of them may end up as gifts, but my favorites are going straight to the Hope chest. :)

These two were trimmed with piping and bias tape, as suggested on the pattern.

Here I got a little more creative, adding an underskirt of lace to the one on the left, and trimming the hem with lace and sewing an applique to the bodice of the one on the right.

This one is my favorite, because of its vintage look. :)





1 comment:

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.