Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket

For Monday, July 21, 2008

Outside My Window... The morning sun lighting up our patio trellis.

I am thinking...many things. Most recently, that I need to figure out my shopping list for Walgreens.

I am thankful for...my littlest brother. He just turned 11, and is a joy to my heart. We've spent many happy hours reading stories aloud.

From the kitchen...my mom made crepes this morning. Topped with whipped cream and strawberries.

I am wearing...A yellow knit dress with coral flowers, sunflower/gingham apron and blue kerchief on my head: It's cleaning day at our house!

I am creating...a plan for sewing some summer clothes.

I am going...nowhere today. I love it!

I am reading...Power Through Prayer, by E. M. Bounds

I am hoping...to work on my memory verses (Psalm 2:6-8) before Bible study tonight.

I am hearing...the "thunka-thunka" sound of our washer in spin cycle.

Around the house...it smells like vinegar. Courtesy one of my healthful cleaning recipes. :)

One of my favorite things...listening to messages on my MP3 player while I work. Today I'll finish one by Douglas Wilson on "Christ in our Calling"

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Working. Planning the upcoming school year for my siblings.
Here is picture I am sharing...
Some poppies at a Dallas Arboretum, taking sometime in March.

Thanks to the Simple Woman for hosting the Monday daybook! I think it will be a fun feature for our blog. It has helped me think about some of the small things that might otherwise be missed in the business of life.

3 comments:

Marye said...

I missed the arboreteum this year! That is a beautiful image.
blessings,
marye
http://www.simplyhomeremedies.com

Me said...

I really enjoyed reading your Daybook. I wish I had been as focused on what matters most when I was your age. You sound like a lovely young lady (look like one, too!)

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed reading your Daybook. That's a very colorful photo! I'm glad I didn't have to go anywhere today. Feel free to come see my Daybook. I hope you have a wonderful week!

~Susan